Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sixth Street Diner

     It was a rainy cool Tuesday afternoon, when Blanca, Christina, Greg, and I decided to go to the 6th Street Dinner located in downtown Los Banos off of the 152. It's sort of a "hole in the wall" but well worth the search. I looked around and noticed all the pictures and memorabilia hanging on the walls. The aroma of the food cooking filled the air, which only made me hungrier than I already was. Blanca arrived shortly after I had and ordered a lemonade. We noticed that the tables had advertisements for locally owned businesses. Greg shortly joined us ordered a coke, and Christina came in right after and ordered an iced tea. 
     We looked over the menu, but had a hard time deciding on what to order. The prices for the food were reasonable, especially for the generous portions. Blanca had decided to order the turkey sandwich with fries, Greg ordered the cheeseburger with sweet potato fries, Christina ordered the lasagna with a side of garlic bread, and ordered the classic club with fries. 



 
        It took a while for our food to be ready, but it was worth the wait. We had been warned the food was served in big portions, and I didn't believe it at first. When we got our food we were amazed at the sizes of the food. The meals were a treat for our eyes, noses and watering mouths. I tried to take a bite of my sandwich  but it was difficult. It was slightly dry but tasted good despite of it. The fries  were salt-less but it's great for those who are on a low-sodium diet. Neither one of us could finish our plate of food so we asked for boxes. Seeing neither one of us had any room for dessert, we decided not to order any. The food at the 6th Street Dinner was amazing. I would highly recommend for you to visit this restaurant. I hope to return soon, with a bigger appetite.

Written by Cristian Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment